General Maintenance Technician Cover Letter
General maintenance technicians perform troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair functions on electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic, and hydraulic building systems. Tasks commonly performed in this role include identifying errors and issues, providing routine and exhaustive maintenance, overseeing pest control, and cleaning major building components such as floors and windows. A superior understanding of building maintenance technologies and equipment is mandatory for this position.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Preventative maintenance and repair
- Routine upkeep
- Issue diagnosis and resolution
- Ventilation and refrigeration systems
- Deep cleaning
- Pest control
- Safety and health regulations
- Hazardous materials
- Records maintenance
- Heavy equipment usage
- Construction and demolition
Below you will find an example of a cover letter for a general maintenance technician detailing relevant abilities and qualifications.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. MacFarlane:
Upon learning of your posting for a general maintenance technician, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced professional with expertise in building system maintenance and oversight, along with strong prioritization and problem-solving abilities, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your company’s goals.
My background lies in performing electrical, plumbing, and mechanical system preventative maintenance and repair to ensure top functionality and performance. From overseeing troubleshooting and maintenance functions to training and coaching fellow technicians to achieve outstanding performance levels, I excel at working collaboratively with teams while assuming a leadership role and providing comprehensive systems support to outperform objectives.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Coordinating building maintenance and repair functions – encompassing pneumatic and hydraulic systems, ventilation, refrigeration, plumbing, electrical, pest control, and deep/heavy cleaning – to achieve maximum functionality and performance while realizing improved employee safety and achieving recognitions of performance excellence
- Achieving recognition as “Maintenance Professional of the Quarter” for four consecutive periods as a building maintenance technician with Peterson Manufacturing & Supply
- Completing checklists on building systems on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis and keeping meticulous records of scheduled maintenance procedures
- Training and mentoring new technicians to generate increased productivity and drive success
- Gaining proficiency in a broad range of equipment and systems, including AC/DC circuits, forklifts, and pneudraulic mechanisms
- Demonstrating solid and effective communication, time management, and organizational abilities
My skills in general building maintenance oversight and team leadership have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Andrew C. Stevens