Game Artist Cover Letter
Game Artists are in charge for creating the visual elements of a game, such as characters, scenery, textures, objects, and so on. Game Artists are those who make it possible for games to look realistic or stylized, based on client requirements. Essential work activities for this job include sketching ideas, suggesting designs, establishing the game’s feel, explaining to clients the look of the game, building characters and objects, using specialized software, applying texture to game items, and creating visual effects.
Successful cover letters for Game Artists should focus on skills and abilities like the following:
- Drawing skills
- An original style demonstrated by an art portfolio
- Knowledge of anatomy and architecture
- Storyboarding skills
- Being able to work independently or in a team
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of relevant software
- Strong observational skills
- Deadline orientation
Below is provided a cover letter sample highlighting comparable Game Artist skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Game Artist Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Martin:
A strong technical skill set, an eye for creativity and cutting-edge design, and productive team collaboration are all essential components to success in video game artistry and design. With my demonstrated interest and experience in the development and design of popular new games, I am well positioned to make a significant contribution as your next Game Artist.
My background spans eight years of strong experience defining design and environment objectives and transforming initial ideas into images, characters, and avatars for PC and mobile casual games. With proficiency in a broad range of specialized software applications—along with my ability to collaborate effectively with fellow artists, technicians, and senior management teams—I am confident that my talents and abilities will significantly benefit Games On! in this role.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Contributing to the evolution and success of various video games including LifeSkills, Piranha, and Lockdown; collaborating with content managers and producers on character design concepts and assisting in the development and selection of character designs, avatars, props, painted backgrounds, game buttons, and UI art assets.
- Working with a highly creative and dedicated team of artists to create and refine the look and style of characters, background, and props while assisting with asset creation, color, and material qualities.
- Creating environment maps, mock-ups, level layouts, multiplayer levels, and final game environments.
- Managing art assets in both 2D (hi-res and pixel art) and 3D (texturing and props).
- Earning an AA in Graphic Communications from Bay City Technical College.
- Honing proficiency in all Adobe programs and the comprehensive Microsoft Office Suite, as well as various other design software programs.
With my capacity to design and produce challenging and creative game artistry projects, combined with my steadfast commitment to top-notch quality and production, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding services to Games On! as your next Game Artist. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Rob J. Knapp