Fundraising Coordinator Cover Letter
Fundraising coordinators work for organizations – often in the nonprofit sector – and seek to prospect and secure funding to keep their operations up and running. Typical work responsibilities held in this position include coordinating fundraising events and programs, writing and applying for grants, maintaining relationships with past and current donors and sponsors, and working collaboratively with peers and volunteers to reach funding goals. Superior networking skills, strong perseverance, and persuasive communication talents are all highly beneficial to a career as a fundraising coordinator.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Event coordination and leadership
- Program development and management
- Goal definition and achievement
- Sponsorship and donation attainment
- Donor and sponsor prospecting and recruitment
- Relationship building and management
- Volunteer training, coordination, and scheduling
- Team building and management
- Grant writing and applications
- Best practices and compliance
- Report generation and analysis
- Community outreach and partnerships
Please find below an example of a cover letter for a fundraising coordinator noting comparable skills, qualifications, and experience.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Lopp:
When I learned of your need for a fundraising coordinator, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With my strong experience leading funding solicitation, grant writing, and relationship building and management, I feel confident in my ability to significantly benefit your nonprofit organization in this role.
My background has consistently been characterized by my steadfast dedication to enhancing organizational performance and achieving – and often exceeding – fundraising objectives. With the ability to leverage my communication, networking, and persuasion talents to make significant contributions within the nonprofit sector, I am confident that my proven skills and qualifications will readily translate to this position and render me an invaluable asset to your team.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Thriving as the fundraising manager for the past five years with Celebrate Global Kids in New York City and holding responsibility for designing fundraising events and initiatives, obtaining sponsorships and donations, and maintaining superior relationships with sponsors and donors
- Working closely with senior administrators and managers to identify funding needs and requirements, monitor donations and payments, and secure funds to keep Celebrate Global Kids sustainable and successful
- Organizing and scheduling volunteers to support fundraising events and activities; creating content for fundraising training webinars for local and state staff and volunteers
- Developing solid, trusting relationships with peers, sponsors, and donors to achieve organizational objectives and accelerate funds generation
- Utilizing superior organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills to propel programs and staff to peak results
With my record of success in fundraising coordination and alliance building, coupled with my superior communication talents and my commitment to continuing my work in the nonprofit sector, I am confident that I would surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position, and your organization’s needs, in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Madeline E. McCarthy