Fundraiser Cover Letter
Fundraisers work for nonprofit organizations and charities and collect contributions from individuals and groups to support the organization’s cause. Typical work responsibilities of a Fundraiser are coordinating volunteers, researching new fundraising ideas, asking for sponsorships from businesses, processing donations, raising awareness of the cause, implementing corporate giving strategies, cultivating donor relationships, finding new donors, and selecting the most appropriate fundraising methods.
Based on our collection of cover letters for Fundraiser, essential job skills include:
- Commitment for the cause of the organization
- Fundraising skills
- Relationship building
- Persuasion and negotiation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Deadline orientation
- Being able to work under pressure
- Computer literacy
Below is provided a sample cover letter for Fundraiser highlighting comparable abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Fundraiser Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Mitchell:
When I learned of your need for a personable and driven Fundraiser to join your team at Justice NOW, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With my strong experience leading community relationship management, fundraising efforts, and marketing initiatives for non-profit organizations, I feel confident in my ability to significantly benefit your team in this role.
My background has consistently been characterized by my steadfast dedication to enhancing organizational performance and achieving—and often exceeding—objectives. With recent success in fundraising and team leadership for non-profits focused on social justice and equality, I am confident that my skills, qualifications, and values will render me an invaluable asset to your team.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Effectively spearheading fundraising efforts, relationship building and donor management, and goal definition and achievement to drive organizational success and growth.
- Contacting prospective donors—via phone, email, or direct mail—to motivate them to give generously while successfully and tactfully handling objections.
- Developing solid, trusting relationships with peers, volunteers, donors, and community members to achieve objectives.
- Coaching, training, and encouraging new employees and volunteers in professional fundraising techniques.
- Leveraging superior organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills to accelerate funding.
With my record of success in fundraising and community partnerships, coupled with my superior communication talents and my dedication to expanding social justice, I will certainly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position, and your organization’s needs, in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Josie F. Cruz