Fund Accountant Cover Letter
Fund Accountants work in a company’s accounting and finance department and liaise between fund investors and investment managers. Typical responsibilities of a Fund Accountant include writing financial reports, monitoring transactions, intermediating between clients and company, reporting to the fund accounting supervisor, calculating net asset value of various funds, identifying irregularities in the fund’s activity, reconciling cash and assets, assisting with audits, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
A cover letter sample for Fund Accountant should focus on abilities and qualifications such as:
- Fund accounting experience
- Training in economics or finance
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Customer service orientation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Time management
- Being able to work under pressure
Similar job assets can be observed in the cover letter sample provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Fund Accountant Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Leman:
Upon review of your posting for a Fund Accountant, I am submitting my resume for your consideration. With comprehensive experience analyzing mutual funds to calculate net asset value and trade accuracy, as well as my expertise in managing projects and facilitating general accounting operations, I feel confident that I can significantly benefit your company in this capacity.
From preparing compliance reports and general cash balance projections to reviewing general ledgers and producing audit reports, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With proven talents in monitoring daily trades, ensuring accurate fund pricing, and collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams, my additional strengths in financial research and client service excellence prepare me to thrive in this challenging position.
The following highlights of my background demonstrate my qualifications for this role:
- Tracking all daily activities to comprise the net asset value of mutual funds of various investment strategies, including domestic and foreign bond funds, equity funds, mortgage-backed asset funds, floating rate commercial loan funds, and tax-exempt municipal funds.
- Suitably valuing client portfolios by ensuring the accuracy of fund trades, cash transactions, corporate actions, and securities’ prices.
- Preparing daily/monthly reconciliations, wire transfers, balance sheets, P&L statements, trial balances, income statements, and quarterly/annual financial statements for domestic and offshore funds.
- Maintaining an 83% annual retention rate due to superior level of service and performance.
- Reviewing and approving third-party invoices, incorporating legal, management, and incentive fees.
- Earning a Master of Science in Accounting and Information Management from the University of Missouri and an MBA degree with an emphasis in Finance from St. Louis City College.
- Utilizing organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills to generate peak results and top performance levels.
With my experience in financial analysis and fund accounting management, coupled with my commitment to achieving accurate and timely results, I believe I can swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to talking with you in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Gregory W. Langer