Front Office Manager Cover Letter
Front Office Managers are responsible for the reception area of an organization and make sure visitors enjoy a pleasant welcome. Aside from coordinating customer service, these employees are also required to supervise front office staff. Essential job duties of a Front Office Manager are recruiting and hiring staff, replenishing supplies and materials, scheduling shifts, handling complaints, supervising mail distribution, monitoring expenses, adhering to security requirements, and ensuring a friendly service for company customers.
Successful cover letter samples in our collection reveal the following job requirements:
- Telephone etiquette
- Multitasking and work prioritization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Decision-making and responsibility
- Tact and diplomacy
- Customer service orientation
- Computer competences
Comparable Front Office Manager skills are mentioned in the example cover letter below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Front Office Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Underwood:
Upon learning of your search for a new Front Office Manager, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a highly organized office manager and team leader with more than 11 years of experience overseeing front desk operations and staff, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your hotel’s objectives.
My background includes excellent experience in leadership positions in fast-paced front desk offices at leading hotel brands including Doubletree and Hamilton Inn. From scheduling work shifts and overseeing administrative operations to managing budgets and ensuring top-notch guest service, I excel at performing comprehensive management tasks to drive efficiency and productivity. Furthermore, I am highly skilled in prioritizing tasks, developing effective communication and organizational procedures, and supervising front desk personnel while maintaining compliance with all guidelines and standards.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Overseeing administrative support functions—including meeting coordination, financial reconciliation, scheduling, and issue resolution—while handling all guest concerns in a courteous and professional manner.
- Recruiting, hiring, training, developing, coaching, and supervising front office / desk team members to achieve superior customer service and guest experiences and drive adherence to hotel policies and procedures.
- Communicating regularly and effectively with cross-functional departments such as Guest Services, Concierge, Bellman, and Shuttle Service.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization and communication skills and improving operational systems.
My skills in front office leadership and general administration have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Joan J. Meyers