Front Office Manager Cover Letter
Front Office Managers are responsible for the reception area of an organization and make sure visitors enjoy a pleasant welcome. Aside from coordinating customer service, these employees are also required to supervise front office staff. Essential job duties of a Front Office Manager are recruiting and hiring staff, replenishing supplies and materials, scheduling shifts, handling complaints, supervising mail distribution, monitoring expenses, adhering to security requirements, and ensuring a friendly service for company customers.
Successful cover letter samples in our collection reveal the following job requirements:
- Telephone etiquette
- Multitasking and work prioritization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Decision-making and responsibility
- Tact and diplomacy
- Customer service orientation
- Computer competences
Comparable Front Office Manager skills are mentioned in the example cover letter below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Front Office Manager Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Underwood:
Upon learning of your search for a new Front Office Manager, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a highly organized office manager and team leader with more than 11 years of experience overseeing front desk operations and staff, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your hotel’s objectives.
My background includes excellent experience in leadership positions in fast-paced front desk offices at leading hotel brands including Doubletree and Hamilton Inn. From scheduling work shifts and overseeing administrative operations to managing budgets and ensuring top-notch guest service, I excel at performing comprehensive management tasks to drive efficiency and productivity. Furthermore, I am highly skilled in prioritizing tasks, developing effective communication and organizational procedures, and supervising front desk personnel while maintaining compliance with all guidelines and standards.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Overseeing administrative support functions—including meeting coordination, financial reconciliation, scheduling, and issue resolution—while handling all guest concerns in a courteous and professional manner.
- Recruiting, hiring, training, developing, coaching, and supervising front office / desk team members to achieve superior customer service and guest experiences and drive adherence to hotel policies and procedures.
- Communicating regularly and effectively with cross-functional departments such as Guest Services, Concierge, Bellman, and Shuttle Service.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level organization and communication skills and improving operational systems.
My skills in front office leadership and general administration have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Joan J. Meyers