French Teacher Cover Letter
French Teachers work in public or private language schools and are in charge for transmitting French language concepts to students. Typical duties of a French Teacher are preparing classroom materials, encouraging students to communicate in French, assigning work, grading tests, providing feedback to students, organizing activities, maintaining attendance records, answering to student inquiries, and completing other tasks as assigned by school managers.
Examples of job skills and qualifications usually seen in a French Teacher cover letter sample are:
- French language fluency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Instruction abilities
- Stamina and patience
- Self-confidence and presentation skills
- Computer competences
Beneath is provided a cover letter sample for French Teacher showcasing relevant skills and abilities for this job.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive French Teacher Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Harvey:
As an enthusiastic and fluent teacher with key experience developing French language curriculum and developing a high level of language proficiency in my students, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and passion for education and the French language positions me to significantly impact your school as your next French Teacher.
For the past 13 years, I have taught students in grades 9-12 in French language and culture at Bayside Academy in River Heights, and I am excited to put my experience and credentials to work for the benefit of a new school. Classroom management, pronunciation and grammar instruction, and student performance evaluation are just a few of my areas of expertise. By teaching students from a wide range of backgrounds and learning styles, I have honed my communication, creativity, and motivational skills. In addition, my inherent passion for fostering collaborative and exciting educational environments has successfully encouraged and developed productive, thoughtful, and accomplished high school students.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Instructing students in all components of French language including pronunciation, grammar, composition, and sentence construction, with complementary lessons in French culture incorporating cooking, traditions, history, and current events.
- Creating individualized plans and programs to facilitate a targeted, personalized approach to education while stimulating students’ enjoyment and appreciation for the French language.
- Administering both oral and written exams to assess student performance and progress and develop differentiated, individualized instruction in the classroom.
- Integrating various learning methodologies and tools into classes, such as student presentations, plays, videos, online activities, readings, and foreign language laboratory offerings.
- Leading a summer two-week overseas trip to France each year for students entering their junior or senior year, including visits to Paris, Lyon, Marseilles, Bordeaux, and the Loire Valley; organizing all trip logistics, including flight arrangements, chaperones, lodging, restaurant booking, cultural excursions, and language immersion programs.
- Holding a Master’s Degree in French as well as teaching credentials in the state of New Jersey.
With my experience and credentials, I am highly prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of French instruction at your school. I look forward to discussing this opportunity in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Simone B. Moreau