Freelance Writer Cover Letter
Freelance Writers create works of fiction and non-fiction for a variety of clients. Types of writing covered by Freelance Writers are extremely diverse and include: articles, blog posts, scripts, web content, product descriptions, marketing copy, novels, poetry, and cooking recipes. These self-employed professionals complete the following activities on a daily basis: applying for projects, choosing subject matter, performing research, writing pieces, reviewing work, making changes after getting client feedback, taking part to industry events, promoting their services, and maintaining financial records.
A successful Freelance Writer should be able to showcase the following skills in his or her cover letter:
- Excellent writing and literary skills
- Creativity and imagination
- Time management and being able to meet tight deadlines
- Attention to details
- Self-discipline and drive
- Basic financial and promotion skills
- Being able to accept and understand criticism
- Computer competences
The cover letter sample for Freelance Writer below showcases similar qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Freelance Writer Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Castillo:
Upon review of your posting for a Freelance Writer, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. As a detail-driven and highly experienced writer with more than 13 years of experience developing and producing original content for a variety of publications, I feel confident that I could substantially surpass your expectations for this role.
Success in the freelance writing world requires a commitment to grammatical excellence, an innate ability to identify and pursue compelling stories and information, and an unwavering adherence to all deadlines and individual publication requirements. My background includes writing both short and feature-length articles on a variety of subjects such as news, culture, travel, the arts, and business. With my history of publishing success, along with my commitment to cultivating fruitful relationships to encourage future connections and stimulate article ideas, I am ready to extend my record of writing accomplishments with Aim High Magazine.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Publishing approximately 325 newspaper articles and 78 magazine articles in a range of popular titles (please see my enclosed resume for a comprehensive list); interviewing public individuals and businesses for high-impact reading material.
- Creating comprehensive, fresh content for publications while gaining professional training in diverse computer programs such as InDesign, Photoshop, and HTML to facilitate expansion into new media.
- Forging trusting and loyal connections with peers, publication management teams, and community members to drive future partnerships and spark story and contact leads.
- Leveraging strong editorial skills to generate flawless copy upon submission, ensuring expeditious delivery from writing to publication.
- Holding an MFA with a concentration in Creative Writing from the University of Wisconsin, as well as a graduate certificate in editing.
With my expertise in composing innovative content, combined with my commitment to exploring and expanding upon new story ideas, I am positioned to significantly benefit your writing team. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Nicholas C. Randolph