Freelance Photographer Cover Letter
Freelance Photographers are self-employed artists collaborating with a variety of clients and creative businesses from areas such as fine art, fashion, corporate, or advertising. Typical job duties of a Freelance Photographer include discussing requirements with clients, selecting photographic subjects, travelling to various locations, using photography equipment, advising photographic subjects, collaborating with other creative experts, editing images, managing business aspects, and maintaining their portfolio.
A successful cover letter sample for Freelance Photographer should highlight the following skills and qualifications:
- Creativity and artistic talent
- Knowledge of photography equipment
- Self-promotion abilities
- Being able to work at odd hours in all kinds of settings
- Networking and communication
- Attention to details
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of relevant software
Below is provided a cover letter example highlighting similar Freelance Photographer abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Freelance Photographer Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Young:
As a technically astute, creative, and detail-driven Freelance Photographer with seven years of excellent experience managing a variety of photo shoots for diverse clients, I am positioned to make a significant impact and capture your special memories by putting my knowledge and expertise to work for you.
My background includes consulting with clients to identify their unique needs and requirements, and then setting up backgrounds, lighting, and props to drive photo shoot success for events ranging from weddings to maternity shoots to family portrait sessions. With my ability to collaborate effectively with clients and assistants—along with my excellent problem-solving, communication, and time management skills—I am confident that my talents will significantly benefit you in this capacity.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Successfully shooting more than 75 weddings, 130 family portrait sessions, and 90 maternity shoots; earning consistently stellar reviews on local blogs, review boards, and Yelp for outstanding product quality and easiness to work with, leading to a high volume of both repeat and referral business.
- Managing all facets of my personal photography business, including sales and self-marketing, equipment purchasing, bookkeeping, assistant hiring/training, and networking.
- Demonstrating expertise in digital photography processes, equipment, and methods; photo evaluation and editing; and final product delivery.
- Earning a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Photography and completing additional training to acquire proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Light Room, Aperture, and Capture 1.
With my keen ability to support and complete challenging freelance photography projects, combined with my steadfast commitment to top-notch quality and production and client service excellence, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding photography service to you.
I look forward to discussing your needs, and my qualifications, in more detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Edda J. Medina