Food Service Manager Cover Letter
Food Service Managers work in restaurants and facilities holding a kitchen; typical duties of a Food Service Manager include hiring and training staff, maintaining stocks, purchasing food, implementing kitchen safety techniques, monitoring food preparation, solving customer complaints regarding food quality and service, scheduling staff hours, assigning work, monitoring expenses, and appraising personnel performance. They may also review financial transactions and administer payroll.
A well-written example cover letter for Food Service Manager usually mentions the following skills and qualifications:
- Business skills
- Customer service orientation
- Being able to work under pressure
- Organization and planning
- Detail orientation
- Problem-solving abilities
- Stamina and perseverance
- Computer literacy
The cover letter sample provided below displays comparable job assets and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Food Service Manager Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Fowler:
Upon discovering your posting for a Food Service Manager, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. As an experienced and solution-focused professional with more than 13 years of experience driving food service operations and staff leadership within healthcare facilities, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Horizon Line Medical Center’s goals.
My background encompasses overseeing food service operations and teams to ensure outstanding dining experiences for customers, visitors, and employees while ensuring adherence to budgetary guidelines and sanitary/health regulations. From maintaining inventories and evaluating customer feedback to leading highly motivated staff and driving first-rate quality assurance, I excel at providing an exceptional level of customer satisfaction and retention while containing expenses and minimizing waste.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Managing daily operations, food and menu preparation, budgeting, staff training and development, and purchasing / inventory management for acute-care, long-term-care, nursing home, and specialty care dining facilities serving between 300 and 650 customers each day.
- Overseeing food preparation methods, portion sizes, garnishes, and meal presentation to ensure appealing and enticing dining choices.
- Supervising the serving line to guarantee each customer received restaurant-quality food and a superb dining experience.
- Developing and continually revising policies and procedures to improve kitchen efficiency and productivity.
- Demonstrating solid time management, leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Earning the following professional credentials: Certified Food Protection Professional (CFPP) and Serve-Safe Certified.
My skills in food service staff and operations management are extensive, and I am confident my strengths and qualifications will render me an immediate asset to Horizon Line Medical Center’s dining facility. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Carrie G. Brown