Financial Manager Cover Letter
Financial Managers are found in all types of organizations, from charities to multinational corporations and are responsible for administering accounts and providing financial advice. Essential duties of a Financial Manager include preparing financial statements, assisting with strategic planning, researching factors that influence business performance, coordinating staff, predicting future trends, monitoring cash flow, minimizing financial risk, preparing budgets, and finding ways to reduce costs.
Employers select cover letters highlighting the following skills and qualifications:
- Training in economics, business, and accountancy
- Analytical thinking
- Strategic planning
- Business acumen and commercial awareness
- Problem-solving orientation
- Time management and deadline orientation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Below is displayed an example cover letter for Financial Manager demonstrating similar abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Financial Manager Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Woodruff:
As an analytical and highly skilled senior financial professional with more than 12 years of excellent experience leading financial oversight and controller responsibilities for reputable cross-sector companies, I am well positioned to exceed expectations as Layfield Media’s next Financial Manager.
From managing comprehensive accounting tasks and analyzing financials and budgets to implementing procedural improvements and producing detailed financial reports, I excel in performing and overseeing a full range of financial concerns. My success in advising corporate executives and stakeholders on business / financial impacts—along with my expertise in improving and updating internal controls and processes—prepares me to make a significant impact on your company in this role.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Accurately and expeditiously managing financial analyses, billings and collections, payroll, audit engagements, report generation, compliance, and accounting procedures to realize optimal efficiency and productivity.
- Developing and administering budgets of up to $39M while maintaining financial control, forecasting future performance and trends, and ensuring cost efficiency.
- Improving internal processes—such as streamlining and standardizing financial processes, reports, and records to maximize efficiency and timeliness—to facilitate seamless and more accurate outcomes.
- Excelling within time-sensitive atmospheres while resolving issues and motivating teams to achieve maximum productivity.
- Earning a reputation for exceptional dedication, a strong work ethic, and a personable demeanor.
- Holding an MBA degree with a concentration in Finance from the University of Toledo.
With my experience in managing comprehensive financial operations, combined with my interpersonal and organizational skills, I am ready to provide outstanding financial leadership within your company. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing how I am prepared to make a strong contribution in this role. Thank you for your consideration.
James L. Devers