Field Sales Representative Cover Letter
Field Sales Representatives sell products and services outside of a company’s headquarters, using a variety of tactics to attract new customers, promote and market their offerings, secure contracts and deals, and forge longstanding sales relationships. Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills are highly beneficial for success in this role, as well as an outgoing and engaging personality.
A cover letter for a Field Sales Representative should include mentions of the following types of abilities and areas of strength:
- Cold calling and door-to-door sales
- Consultative and solution sales
- Needs analysis/product recommendations
- Pipeline management/expansion
- Sales quota definition and achievement
- Relationship building/management
- Account management
- Territory management/growth
Below please find a sample cover letter with similar skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Field Sales Representative Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Mattson:
As an experienced outside sales professional with a strong history of managing client relationships and increasing corporate revenues, I stand in a prime position to significantly contribute to your objectives as your next Field Sales Representative.
My experience in attracting and securing new customers, achieving sales goals, and nurturing beneficial account relationships positions me to substantially impact your organization and meet even your most challenging sales targets. By leveraging an insightful ability to implement forward-thinking and needs-based sales solutions, I excel at connecting with key decision makers to quickly build profitable and lasting relationships leading to sustained revenue growth.
Following are highlights of my qualifications:
- Achieving—and outperforming—sales and revenue objectives through the development of aggressive and successful sales initiatives/strategies, in-depth market analyses, and skillful account management.
- Managing a customer base of up to 460 clients and realizing sales of more than $1.4M per year on average in outside sales positions in the media, manufacturing, and consumer products sectors.
- Forging trusting and enduring relationships with clients and referrals to maximize client retention and satisfaction.
- Utilizing superior communication and time management skills to achieve maximum sales and the highest level of customer service.
- Developing and maintaining a longstanding market presence represented by a solid network of sales contacts.
My dedication to creating solid and productive relationships, along with my steadfast motivation to meet or exceed field sales goals, characterizes my career accomplishments. These skills, combined with articulate presentation and negotiation talents, will allow me to greatly benefit your sales team. I look forward to discussing this position in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Natalia T. Spain