Fashion Assistant Cover Letter
Fashion Assistants are employed by fashion designers and retail companies to provide practical support and to take part to creative processes. Common job duties of a Fashion Assistant include: researching current trends, organizing meetings, creating prototypes, collaborating with suppliers, keeping in touch with factories, inspecting products, tracking sales, planning inventories, coordinating the purchasing process, and organizing fashion events such as runway shows.
The ideal candidate for a Fashion Assistant job should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout his or her cover letter:
- Fashion and commercial awareness
- Pattern cutting knowledge
- An eye for color and design
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation abilities
- Problem-solving orientation
- Computer literacy
- Good numeracy skills
- Time management and multitasking
Those interested in a Fashion Assistant career can check comparable job abilities in the sample cover letter below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Fashion Assistant Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Reedy:
When I saw your posting for a new Fashion Assistant, I was eager to forward my resume for your review. As a dedicated and self-motivated professional with a keen eye for design trends as well as ongoing education in the fashion industry, I am positioned to significantly contribute to Sew Ray Me’s goals in this role.
In my current pursuit of an Associate’s degree in Fashion Arts—as well as in the numerous retail positions I have held at stores such as The Gap and H&M—I have amassed hands-on experience in creating sketches and patterns, evaluating fashion trends, and evaluating customer needs. I am confident that these attributes, along with my strong enthusiasm for fashion and my expertise in general administrative tasks, will enable me to excel in this position.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Achieving comprehensive education in diverse fashion topics, including principles of buying, marketing, design, fashion history, retail promotion, and trend forecasting.
- Selecting materials, production techniques, and accessory items to design sample garments and outfits for presentation to mock agents and fashion sales representatives.
- Identifying target markets for fictional designers, looking at factors such as age, gender, and socioeconomic status to inform sketches and product design.
- Attending numerous fashion shows and reviewing fashion magazines to compile evolving information about trends and consumer preferences.
- Demonstrating superior administrative skills in areas including correspondence, supply management, and supplier relationship management.
- Possessing excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills and effective customer service strategies; excelling within team-oriented environments.
My skills in trend spotting, garment design, and team collaboration are proven, and I am confident my additional talents will readily translate to this role with your company. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Amanda D. Provencher