Farm Manager Cover Letter
Farm Managers are responsible for supervising all aspects of day-to-day operations, animal/crop care, and team leadership on farms. Work activities one should expect to perform as a Farm Manager include planning crop rotations, coordinating animal care—including feeding, training, and veterinary care, overseeing planting and harvesting, and managing inventories and supplies. Analyzing rations and production, maintaining financial accounts, and organizing schedules are all tasks a Farm Manager should also be prepared to handle.
Cover letters for Farm Managers often include the following skills:
- Farm animal care and support
- Crop management, including planting, rotation, harvesting, and spraying
- Employee hiring/supervision/termination
- Inventory control and supply orders
- Farm sales and customer account management
- Facility maintenance and cleaning
- Sustainable farming practices
Following is a sample cover letter for a Farm Manager demonstrating comparable experience and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Farm Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Bridges:
Upon discovering your posting for a Farm Manager, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and motivated professional with exceptional leadership experience in agricultural management, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Hansen Dairy Farm’s goals in this role.
My background includes leading operations, processes, and employees to drive the success of both small- and large-scale family farms. From overseeing the care of animals and managing feeding schedules to supervising crop development and maintaining inventories, I excel at spearheading all facets of farm management to ensure farm profitability as well as a superior quality of life for all farm inhabitants.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Overseeing comprehensive management and services for family farms spanning 20 acres to 15,000 acres; supervising feeding and veterinary care for animals, tracking inventories and ordering supplies as needed, and hiring and leading workers to ensure optimal efficiency and productivity on the farms.
- Managing day-to-day operations—including business reporting, production data tracking, and accounting—to improve accuracy and performance.
- Leading the sale of more than 50,000 bushels of certified seed wheat to more than 40 customers in the surrounding area as Farm Manager for Jacobsen Acres.
- Supervising all satellite farm practices encompassing planting, harvesting, and spraying.
- Earning dual Bachelor’s Degrees in Agricultural Economics and Farm Management from Texas State University.
My skills in team and operational leadership have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment at Hansen Dairy Farm. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Veronica S. Grothman