Facility Manager Cover Letter
Facility Managers ensure a safe and pleasant working environment in a company with the purpose of improving productivity. Essential job functions of a Facility Manager include security, cleaning, catering, building maintenance, procurement, and utilities. Typical responsibilities of a Facility Manager are negotiating contracts, proposing future development plans, ensuring staff safety, applying health and safety requirements, allocating space within the building, finding ways to reduce costs, and managing custodial workers.
Employers select resumes highlighting the following job skills and qualifications:
- Managerial abilities
- Training in building management, business, hospitality, or surveying
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Negotiation abilities
- Time management and multitasking
- Research skills
- Computer competences
- Problem-solving orientation
A cover letter example is available below presenting the most important job requirements for Facility Managers.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Facility Manager Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Anderson:
If you are looking for an experienced and reliable professional to assume responsibility as your next Facility Manager, I urge you to please consider my enclosed resume outlining my background and credentials. As a skilled manager with more than 15 years of experience managing facility systems and upkeep to ensure safe working environments, I am certain to significantly contribute toward the success of your company in this role.
My experience lies in successfully overseeing performance, maintenance, and repair of building systems—including electrical, HVAC, and fire safety—while working effectively with multicultural staff to optimize overall facility performance. Throughout my career, I have become highly skilled in ensuring adherence to organizational goals and requirements while facilitating streamlined operations and improving building safety and security.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Providing comprehensive facility and property management services comprising system upgrades, preventative maintenance, safety and code enforcement, construction projects, and team leadership for facilities across various industries and sectors—including manufacturing, health care, and education—to enhance building conditions and extend facility life.
- Improving efficiency and cost effectiveness of contracted services through strategic selection, negotiation, and relationship management with vendors encompassing janitorial, grounds keeping, security, plumbing, communication, and construction.
- Eliminating a chronic theft problem as the Building Manager for Key Parts, Inc. by installing facility-wide security system and introducing a new keying schedule.
- Orchestrating the successful design and installation of a new playground and outdoor field as the Facilities Manager at J.B. White Middle School.
- Demonstrating superior interpersonal, organization, and time management abilities.
My proven ability to optimize facility operations, safety, and security, along with my solid skills in communication and leadership, will contribute immensely to the success of your company. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Jeff B. Nelson