Estimator Cover Letter
Estimators determine how much it will cost a client to be provided with certain products and services. These professionals usually work in the construction industry and complete the following duties: discussing requirements with clients, gathering information, developing construction budgets, obtaining bids from contractors, identifying cost discrepancies, adhering to organization standards, communicating costs, updating their job knowledge, and taking part to professional societies.
Successful cover letter samples for Estimator usually mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Construction industry knowledge
- Analytical skills
- Focus on quality
- Deadline orientation
- Decision-making abilities
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Commercial acumen
- Quantity surveying skills
- Effective communication
- Project management experience
Similar skills and abilities can be seen in the cover letter example displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Estimator Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Severns:
When I learned of your need for a new Estimator to join your team, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. With my comprehensive experience in construction project estimation and management, as well as my superior team leadership and collaboration abilities, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your company in this capacity.
From determining project scope and interacting with designers and engineers to analyzing proposals and requirements and generating accurate cost estimates, I have demonstrated success in driving all phases of project estimation and management. My ability to achieve project goals—as well as my commitment to ensuring adherence to budgetary, deadline, and safety requirements—position me to make an immediate impact on Peterson’s goals and objectives.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Driving large-scale construction estimation and project tasks; gathering and evaluating proposals, summarizing data, negotiating pricing and bids, performing expense calculations, and preparing documents and contracts to ensure top-quality outcomes and contain costs.
- Instrumental in the planning, budgeting, and direction of commercial construction projects valued at up to $15M.
- Processing RFIs, submittals, and samples with general contractors, owners, and consultants; researching and qualifying competitive subcontractor bids prior to contract execution.
- Utilizing superior organizational and analytical skills to propel projects to peak results while outperforming project profit margins.
With my previous experience as a construction estimator and project manager, coupled with my leadership skills and my communication and time management abilities, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Chad H. Holtz