ESL Teacher Cover Letter
ESL Teachers provide instruction to students who are not native English language speakers. They often work with immigrants and help them understand their new language and integrate more easily into an English-speaking country. Typical job duties of an ESL Teacher include organizing classroom activities, delivering lessons, administering tests, assigning homework, providing feedback to students, helping to organize social activities, promoting language school services, and maintaining student records.
Successful ESL Teacher cover letter examples make display of the following qualifications:
- Teaching skills
- The ability to interact with all sorts of people and to work under pressure
- Self-confidence and a friendly personality
- Stamina and resilience to stress
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Tolerance and patience
- Computer literacy
Similar qualities can be observed in the ESL Teacher cover letter sample provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive ESL Teacher Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Fludd:
As a skilled and enthusiastic ESL teacher with 10 years of experience developing lesson plans and curriculum for students of all ages, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and passion for education positions me to significantly impact Peters Learning Academy in this role.
Classroom management, personalized learning programs, and innovative educational techniques are just a few of my areas of expertise. By teaching students in a wide range of ages and situations, I have honed my communication, creativity, and motivational skills. My inherent passion for fostering collaborative and engaging educational environments has successfully encouraged and developed productive, thoughtful, and accomplished ESL students.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Developing targeted curriculum, planning instructional / training programs, and educating students of diverse ages and backgrounds in subjects such as career development, reading and writing, language skills, and software programs.
- Communicating effectively and compassionately with students from all corners of the globe facing cultural, language, and general assimilation challenges.
- Incorporating individual schools’ philosophies and academic objectives into lessons while ensuring allowance for creativity and flexibility.
- Earning recognition from students, parents, and peers as a disciplined and insightful educator who cultivates meaningful connections with learners and their families to ensure optimal learning experiences.
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of ESL learning at your school and exceed your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Wendy J. Rice