Epidemiologist Cover Letter
Epidemiologists study how diseases are caused and spread amongst a population. Standard work activities include planning and conducting public health studies, collecting and analyzing health data, reporting findings to public health policy makers and the general public, creating and managing public health programs and supervising public health staff.
Below are some skills and qualifications most commonly found on Epidemiologist cover letters.
- Master’s degree in Public Health with a concentration in Epidemiology
- Working knowledge of various diseases
- Mathematical acumen
- Proficiency in Statistics
- Critical thinking skills
- Communication skills
- Detail orientated
- Analytical skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
The following is a sample Epidemiologist cover letter that exhibits some of these skills and qualities
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Epidemiologist Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Graham,
Upon learning of your need for an Epidemiologist, I am writing you to submit my resume for review. As an Epidemiologist with experience working for both a pharmaceutical company and research institution, I feel lIke I am fully capable of making an impact on your organization.
My professional experience includes developing and implementing strategies for collecting demographic data and using said data to study how diseases spread. I think my six years of experience will help me do great things for Zyft Pharmaceuticals.
The following are my most relevant skills and qualifications.
- Earned Master’s degree in Public Health with a Concentration in Epidemiology
- Planned and participated in several epidemiological studies on various infectious diseases
- Presented a keynote on the importance of Epidemiology in a global society
- Developed and implemented custom surveys and data collection methods based on the specific needs of a given research premise
- Organized and analyzed data before creating presentations for decision makers
I think what separates me from other candidates is I truly believe Epidemiology is life changing work. The work we do is vital to protecting humanity from dangerous diseases, and I love being a part of that. If you would like to schedule an interview, then please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thanks for your consideration.
Colleen G. Robinson