Engineering Manager Cover Letter
Engineering Managers coordinate teams of engineers responsible for developing solutions for technical problems. Primary responsibilities of an Engineering Manager include recruiting and training engineers, coordinating production, handling quality assurance, testing products, maintaining equipment, writing project specifications, setting goals for engineering teams, assigning tasks, monitoring the market demand, negotiating contract terms, estimating costs, reporting to senior management, and implementing administrative procedures.
Based on our collection of sample cover letters for Engineering Manager, the most sought-after skills for this job are:
- Engineering expertise
- Managerial skills
- Organization and planning
- Analytical thinking
- Knowledge of safety standards
- Attention to details
- Effective communication
- Problem solving abilities
- Computer competences
- Time management
Those looking to work as Engineering Managers can check similar job abilities and experience in the cover letter example provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Engineering Manager Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Stringer:
Upon learning of your need for a new Engineering Manager, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. With more than 10 years of experience overseeing engineering teams in developing, testing, and remedying technical engineering problems, as well as my superior project management and team leadership abilities, I am confident that my skill set would significantly benefit your company.
From determining project scope and delegating duties to overseeing comprehensive engineering functions and supervising teams, I excel at driving all phases of engineering projects from start to finish. My ability to achieve project goals—as well as my commitment to ensuring adherence to budgetary, deadline, and safety requirements—prepares me ready to thrive in this position. Moreover, I have continually demonstrated an outstanding ability to coach, train, develop, and oversee high-performing engineers while boosting morale and on-the-job performance.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Directly managing the engineering department comprising 35+ engineers throughout the planning and execution of projects valued at up to $18M.
- Facilitating project success through expertise in plumbing, water distribution, wastewater collection / treatment, fire suppression, backflow prevention, natural gas, and liquid fuel storage / distribution / dispensing systems.
- Skillfully administering a $13M capital equipment budget and a $2.8M operating expense budget.
- Creating and introducing an employee-led safety program, reducing incidents by nearly 40%.
- Utilizing exceptional research and analysis talents to determine project needs and requirements and realize optimal client satisfaction.
- Earning a Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of Toledo; Lean Six Sigma certified.
With my extensive experience in engineering management, coupled with my leadership skills and my communication and time management abilities, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
George I. Ryan