Embedded Software Engineer Cover Letter
An Embedded Software Developer provides technical support in the designing and developing of embedded software applications. They work as part of a team to build and test new software applications for a variety of industries.
Some skills that an Embedded Software Developer would want to demonstrate in a cover letter include:
- Knowledge of maintenance and testing of serial RS232/CANOpen inter-processor communication network
- Experience evaluating Parasoft C/C++ tool for Static code analysis, data flow analysis, metric analysis, and unit testing.
- Extensive programming experience in embedded applications firmware
- Experience working in as part of a team of software developers.
- Proficient in C/C++, Rhapsody, Rational Test RealTime, Cantata, VectorCast and ClearCase
Here is an example cover letter that demonstrates how an Embedded Software Developer applicant can showcase these skills and more to a potential employer.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Embedded Software Engineer Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Larson:
Upon review of your posting for an Embedded Software Developer at Quadriforce, I am submitting my resume for your consideration. As an experienced professional with comprehensive experience in developing and testing embedded software, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
From performing requirements analysis, software design, coding, testing (the full RDCT life cycle) to leading the architecture design for innovative new software systems, I have extensive experience as working part of a team to create useful and efficient products. My demonstrated success in meeting expectations—along with my dedication to working as part of a team—prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Involved in complete project life cycle having completed 6 successful projects for Makeworth during my tenure.
- Authored multiple development artifacts, including requirements, detailed design, code, unit and target test cases
- Developed several new software features
- Customized and deployed commercial unit testing tools, integrated them into the build environment, and provided training to over 20 engineers
- Lead tool evaluation, which led to the adoption of a replacement tool at a savings of $4k/year per user to the department
- Led team of engineers to develop software control strategy deployed across multiple product lines.
With my proven experience in leading teams to develop critical, innovative new software, combined with my technical, interpersonal, and organizational skills, I am ready to provide outstanding imbedded software development skills to Quadriforce and surpass your expectations for the role. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Paola S. Astorga