Elementary Principal Cover Letter
Elementary Principals perform the administrative tasks involved with managing the students and staff of an elementary school. Common tasks include planning the academic calendar, creating policy and school guidelines, handling the student recruitment and admission process, overseeing teacher curriculum, running the school’s budget and hiring teachers and staff.
Below are some of the abilities and qualifications most commonly found on an Elementary Principal cover letter.
- Master’s degree in Educational Leadership or Administration
- Certified in the State of employment
- Planning and organization skills
- Interviewing skills
- Decision-making skills
- Financial acumen
- Public speaking skills
- Leadership skills
- Management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to see the big picture
- Written and verbal communication skills
The following is a sample Elementary Principal cover letter that highlights some of these qualifications and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Elementary Principal Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Womack,
I have recently learned of an opening for an Elementary Principal position at Elsbrook Elementary in your school district, and I was moved to submit my resume for review. With 10 years of experience as an Elementary School Teacher and three years of experience as a Principal, I think I have what it takes to be an effective leader at your school.
My professional experience includes overseeing the hiring process for teachers and staff with the purpose of executing a specific vision for the school. I am sure my experience has honed the skills I need to help Elsbrook Elementary achieve great things.
Below is a list of my most relevant skills and accomplishments.
- Earned Master’s degree in Educational Leadership from Columbia University
- Achieved perfect student passing record during 3 years as an Elementary Principal
- Ended up with budget surplus due to strategic money management
- Recruited and hired a teacher who won a local teacher of the year award in 2016
As someone who has been an Elementary School Teacher for a decade, I think my experience in the trenches as a teacher has been a big part of my success as an Elementary Principal. If you would like to learn more in an interview, then please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your consideration.