Elementary Art Teacher Cover Letter
Elementary art teachers instruct students in grades K-5 in visual and performing arts. Strong creativity and artistic skills are required for this position. Typical work activities performed include developing lessons and hands-on projects, teaching students about various art mediums and techniques, and encouraging and motivating students throughout their projects. Complementary abilities in classroom management, exhibition coordination, and program oversight are highly beneficial to success in this role.
Cover letters for elementary art teachers often reflect the following abilities and experience:
- Program and class development and leadership
- Supplies procurement and management
- Budget adherence
- Technique demonstrations
- Lesson and material preparation
- Project setup and cleanup
- Student performance assessment and improvement
- Art exhibitions and galleries
- Program inventory and accounting
- Student relations
Please find below an example of a cover letter for this position highlighting relevant skills and qualifications.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Cleland:
When I learned of Allenfield Elementary’s need for a new instructor for its art program, I quickly decided to send along my resume detailing my experience and credentials for your consideration. With seven years of outstanding experience developing and leading creative art classes for grades K-5, I am confident in my ability to significantly impact your school in the role of elementary art teacher.
Lesson planning, classroom management, materials preparation, and innovative educational techniques are just a few of the areas in which I excel. By teaching young students in various artistic projects and mediums, I have honed my creativity, presentation, and motivational skills, and I am committed to fostering creative expression and engagement in my students. In addition, my inherent passion for visual arts – including my personal experience as a painter – will help to encourage and inspire young art students.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Teaching art classes to students in grades K-5 at Caldwell Elementary School for the past seven years, maintaining an emphasis on learning about diversity, tolerance, and global cultures through the arts
- Designing interactive art lessons, SMART goals, and formative and summative student assessments
- Efficiently managing inventory and accounting for the school’s art program
- Presiding over an annual school-wide art exhibition, showcasing the work from each school year from all classes
- Establishing and continually updating a rotating art gallery outside the art classroom to honor students’ hard work
- Building strong student relationships; encouraging student queries, comments, and concerns; and laying the foundation for a dynamic and exciting art class environment
- Achieving a bachelor’s degree in art from Toledo City College
With my experience and credentials, I am more than prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at your school and exceed your expectations as your next elementary art teacher. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Mary M. Caudillo