Electronic Engineer Cover Letter
The role of an electronics or Electronic Engineer is to design and develop electronic systems and components, such as circuit boards or computer parts, for various applications. This could typically involve working with clients to determine their capacity needs for these components and systems. Electronic Engineers can develop electronics for telecommunications, medical, manufacturing, scientific, military or aviation equipment. Electronic Engineers usually create and test prototypes, inspect electronic equipment for safety operations, perform maintenance on electronic equipment and make modifications to existing equipment for updating or performance purposes.
Review the list below to see what common skills and abilities are often mentioned in an Electronic Engineer cover letter:
- Knowledge of electronic circuitry
- Reading schematic diagrams
- Troubleshooting abilities
- Problem solving skills
- Written/verbal communications
- Organizational skills
- Project management skills
Use the sample below to review how you might discuss the above-mentioned skills and qualification into your Electronic Engineer cover letter.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Hicks:
Please accept my enclosed resume, which I am sending at this time in response to your posting for an Electronic Engineer for your firm. The skills and qualifications I would bring to this vacant position would prove to be an asset to your organization.
I possess an extensive background in electronics engineering and have thorough knowledge of microprocessors, analog and digital circuitry, calibration tools and software components. In addition, I have experience with a wide range of electronic test equipment, including meters, scopes, signal generators, pulse generators, oscilloscopes and probes.
For many years, I worked exclusively in electronic equipment installation and maintenance and had the opportunity to hone my troubleshooting, problem-solving and organizational skills to ensure that clients’ electronic machines were running properly at all times. Installing electronic equipment also helped me to develop project management skills, such as time management, cost projection and scheduling.
I have highlighted what I feel are my most critical career achievements and qualifications that I believe will prove beneficial to the position you are offering:
- Managed the prototype development team for electronic circuitry and systems for Ebenezer Systems
- Assisted in all phases of electronic product design for a wide range of medical devices for Black Springseal Technologies
- Acted as assistant project manager for replacement of all electronic components in 40+ manufacturing systems for Neutron Industries
- Maintained flight information, sensor and electronic warfare systems on C-130 aircraft through a government contract while working with Blue Pulsar Systems
- Awarded Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering Technology from University of Massachusetts – Lowell
Throughout my career, I have proven to be a detail-oriented individual who has consistently met project cost and time estimations and schedules and have repeatedly satisfied customers and clients in the design, installation and maintenance of their electronic equipment. I will continue to apply these assets to your Electronic Engineer position and ensure that your company and your clients will be satisfied with my results.
I am eager to arrange a personal interview to further discuss my qualifications. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for your consideration.