Electrical Engineer Cover Letter
Electrical Engineers are responsible for the research, design and installation and testing of electrical equipment and systems. Among the many duties performed by Electrical Engineers, the most essential are evaluating electrical systems, undertaking research, analyzing test data, drawing up plans, mapping out circuit diagrams, designing electrical systems, ensuring product quality by testing components and conducting feasibility studies.
Effective cover letters for Electrical Engineering highlight the following proficiencies:
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Decision making skills
- Thorough knowledge on the workings of circuitry
- Complex problem solving skills
- Innovative thinking
- Computer-aided design competencies
- Electrical engineering software competencies
The cover letter sample for Electrical Engineer below expresses similar essential skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Electrical Engineer Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Electrical Engineer, check out our more complete Electrical Engineer Job Description.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Booker
I would like to submit an application for the position of Electrical Engineer. I believe I am suitably qualified with a degree in Electrical Engineering, relevant work experience and the skillset required to make a positive and valuable contribution to your company.
My professional background experience includes testing advanced electrical systems, implementing maintenance strategies, designing electrical components and identifying recurrent electrical systems issues and providing recommendations. Working in high pressure challenging environments has developed my capabilities in creative problem solving, multi-tasking and executing design projects of various scopes successfully. My proficiencies in computer-aided design have enabled me to perform high-level tasks effectively requiring minimal assistance. My superior skillset and experience makes me an excellent candidate for the position at XL Electrical Systems.
A few high points in my professional career include:
- I was appointed the lead project manager in the college robotics club competition and oversaw the design and development of the winning robotic arm.
- I drew up electrical design plans that achieved significant cost savings during my tenure at Furlough Consulting during a new project design process.
- I made a positive contribution to the advancement of testing validation procedures that resulted in an impressive 2.6 percent increase in effective sensor reliability.
I hope you find my advanced capabilities, valuable experience and relevant qualifications a suitable fit for the advertised position. I am a self-motivated individual who thrives on succeeding in challenging situations. I am passionate about Professional development opportunities and welcome every opportunity to take my capabilities to a higher level. I welcome the opportunity to meet with you in person and discuss further the contribution I can make at XL Electrical Systems.