Educational Assistant Cover Letter
Educational Assistants provide support to qualified teachers and children during learning activities. Aside from children’s academic progress, these experts also need to observe students’ emotional and social development. Job duties include: reading to children, supervising activities, helping teachers manage class behavior, assisting students who need extra support to complete tasks, helping to organize outings, performing administrative tasks, and planning activities.
Employers select cover letters showcasing the following Educational Assistant qualifications and skills:
- Experience working with children
- English language proficiency
- Good numeracy skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills for building a good relationship with students, teachers, and parents
- Patience and stamina
- The ability to cope with challenging behavior
- Computer skills
- Strong writing skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
Below is provided a sample cover letter for Educational Assistant showcasing comparable skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Educational Assistant Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Blanchard:
Upon learning of your search for a new Educational Assistant to join your team at Daylily Academy, I hastened to send along my resume for your consideration. As a skilled and educated professional with a recent degree in education as well as practicum experience supporting teachers in elementary classrooms, I am confident in my ability to make a positive impact on your school. My background, organizational talents, and ability to quickly connect with diverse students position me to significantly impact Daylily Academy in this role.
My teaching assistance experience includes customizing student lessons, providing support to students with differentiated learning needs, and enforcing school policies and protocols. My communication skills, patience, creativity, and enthusiastic nature are sure to facilitate productive and efficient classrooms and lead to high rates of teacher satisfaction and optimal student experiences.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Earning a Bachelor’s degree in Education from the University of Missouri in May of 2016 with a cumulative GPA of 3.95.
- Coordinating activities and lessons for K-5 elementary children with varying learning needs while stimulating and deepening students’ appreciation for learning.
- Communicating closely with teachers in practicum/internship roles to identify classroom needs and determine the best strategies to successfully meet their goals.
- Administering tests, recording grades, and charting results, among other more administrative-focused tasks.
- Building strong and positive relationships with teachers, administrators, students, and parents.
With my experience and education, I am well prepared to thrive in an Educational Assistant position at Daylily Academy and exceed your expectations. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Tessie D. Coleman