Education Teacher Cover Letter
Education teachers instruct students in any educational institution and perform basic teaching functions, including preparing lessons, giving assignments, grading homework, and tracking student progress. Previous teaching experience, as well as a teaching degree or certification, are typically required for these positions. Strong leadership, communication, and relationship-building skills are also beneficial.
Successful cover letters for this role often mention the following abilities and qualifications:
- Curricula development
- Lesson planning
- Materials preparation
- Classroom management
- Performance evaluation
- Student and parent relations
- Grading and assessments
- Emotional and academic guidance and support
- Goal setting
- Special activities and programs
What follows is an example of a strong cover letter for an education teacher applicant with similar skills and experience noted.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Cole:
As a skilled and enthusiastic teacher with experience developing lesson plans and curricula for diverse middle school students, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed CV for your consideration. My background and passion for the field of education positions me to significantly impact your school in the role of education teacher.
Material development, classroom management, personalized learning programs, and innovative educational techniques are just a few of the areas in which I excel. By teaching students across a range of subjects and capacities – with a specialization in science and mathematics – I have honed my communication, creativity, and motivational skills. Furthermore, my commitment to fostering collaborative and exciting educational environments has successfully encouraged and developed productive, thoughtful, and accomplished young students.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Teaching biology, ecology, algebra, and pre-calculus to students in grades 6 to 8 for the past seven years as a teacher with the Mount Vernon School District, ensuring a safe and productive learning environment by providing academic, social, and emotional support
- Creating individualized plans and programs to facilitate a targeted, personalized approach to education while stimulating students’ enjoyment and appreciation for learning
- Contributing to monthly staff meetings to evaluate student data and performances, assess instructional strategies, and develop innovative lessons to advance students’ understanding of class content
- Building and sustaining strong student relationships, encouraging student queries, comments, and concerns, and laying the foundation for a dynamic and exciting classroom environment
- Coaching and supporting various school clubs and teams, including the Clean Earth Club, the Chemistry Club, and the JV Girls’ Lacrosse team (assistant coach)
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at your school and exceed your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Maggie B. Day