ECE Cover Letter
ECEs or Early Childhood Educators are employed by preschools and day care centers to instructs and supervise children. Typical job duties of an ECE include the following: building a strong relationship with children, explaining basic concepts, answering to their inquiries, providing emotional support, tracking academic and social development, teaching good manners, and reporting with parents. Another responsibility is accompanying and supervising children during trips.
A selection of sample cover letters for ECE suggests that the most sought-after skills for this position include:
- Instruction abilities
- Supervisory skills
- Classroom control
- Understanding of cultural or special needs
- Stamina and resilience
- Effective communication
- Patience and tact
- Teamworking skills
- Computer literacy
Below is provided an example ECE cover letter highlighting similar qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive ECE Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Russell:
It is with great interest in your opening for a new Early Childhood Educator that I submit the attached resume for your review. My dedication to facilitating optimal young children’s first educational experiences position me to significantly impact your school in this role.
Creating friendly and welcoming environments, incorporating diverse materials, and helping children ages 5 and under learn to thrive in new settings are just a few of the areas in which I excel. My background as an ECE includes preparing classroom activities, ensuring enforcement of safety policies, monitoring children’s social and emotional development, and disciplining students when needed. Additionally, I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education with an emphasis on Early Childhood Development from San Diego College.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Developing and facilitating creative activities for children between 2 and 3 years of age, promoting the ongoing development of social, physical, and mental faculties while providing compassionate support with separation anxiety and school assimilation.
- Assisting children from diverse socioeconomic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, including implementing bilingual curriculum to develop number, letter, color, and shape recognition.
- Creating and updating personalized student portfolios, documenting progress, anecdotal records, and miscellaneous incidents as appropriate.
- Using my warm and personable nature to earn children’s and parents’ trust, ease anxieties and worries, and foster ongoing and supportive relationships.
With my experience and background, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest level of care at your school and exceed your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Debbie J. Feltner