Driver Cover Letter
Drivers are generally required to transfer goods or passengers from one point to another. Their duties are extremely varied, depending on the type of vehicle they drive, and may include: updating records, loading and unloading goods, helping passengers in and out of the vehicle, adhering to safe driving practices, collecting payments, attracting customers for company products and services, following delivery routes, and maintaining the vehicle in good working order.
Based on our collection of example cover letters for Driver, essential skills for the role include:
- Safe driving skills
- Customer focus
- Stamina and resilience to stress
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Good communication and interpersonal abilities
- (Optionally) selling skills
- Average writing skills to complete delivery forms
- Computer literacy
Beneath is visible a sample cover letter for Driver showcasing required qualifications for the job.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Driver Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Garcia:
Upon learning of your posting for a Driver, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. With my background in small package deliveries, combined with my excellent communication and organization abilities, I feel confident that I would benefit Evergreen Parcel & Shipping Services.
From coordinating routes and overseeing cargo to minimizing loss / damage and interfacing professionally and courteously with customers, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With extensive experience in business and residential package deliveries, my leadership and time management abilities—along with my unwavering focus on customer service excellence—position me ready to thrive in this position.
Highlights of my background include the following:
- Excelling as a driver for an independent contracting company providing top-quality service to FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery small package customers, making up to 65,000 deliveries each year.
- Possessing expertise in Tacoma’s streets, arterials, routes, and various neighborhoods, as well as a solid knowledge of traffic laws and regulations and a valid driver’s license.
- Keeping a steadfast commitment on safe driving and cargo security to ensure uninterrupted customer service and on-time, accurate deliveries.
- Completing Van Driver Training through ADEPT in March 2012.
- Utilizing superior interpersonal, problem-solving, and time management skills to generate peak results and performance.
With my experience and knowledge in small package deliveries, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Isaac J. Gates