Draftsman Cover Letter
Draftsmen are employed by the construction and manufacturing industries and are responsible for creating technical drawings. These days, Draftsmen use computer-aided design software to complete their work, although a good Draftsman should also be able to draw the traditional manner. Examples of work duties for a Draftsman include discussing requirements with clients, collecting information to be included in drawings, visiting construction sites, and helping to develop instruction manuals.
A Draftsman cover letter sample should mention skills and qualifications such as the following:
- Technical skills
- Drawing abilities
- Computer competences and knowledge of relevant computer programs
- Problem-solving orientation
- An eye for details and accuracy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management
Below is displayed a cover letter for Draftsman highlighting similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Draftsman Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Peterson:
Upon reviewing your posting for a Draftsman, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. With my professional experience and advanced education in architecture, along with my skills in team collaboration and project lifecycle management, I am confident that I would significantly benefit your firm in this capacity.
With a solid foundation in the complexities of architecture and design—as well as my Master of Architecture degree—my background has prepared me to excel in this position. Throughout the past seven years with McCann & McNeil Design, I have honed my skills in creating detailed drawings, plans, and structural visual representations in support of architects and engineers. Additionally, my organizational, communication, and leadership abilities position me ready to thrive in this challenging role.
Highlights of my background include…
- Providing wide-ranging support as Draftsman with McCann & McNeil Design, producing complex floor plans, elevations, RCPs, and building sections for commercial and residential projects, as well as interior fit-out drawings for retail stores and offices.
- Working closely with designers and translating their concepts, ideas, and sketches into professional documented blueprints; expertise in AutoCad, Revit, 3D Max, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Participating in a collaborative team-oriented environment, leading peers to project success while also excelling within more independent roles.
- Demonstrating outstanding communication, organization, and project management talents while leveraging a keen eye for design.
- Earning a Master of Architecture degree from Pittsburgh State University in 2010.
With my previous professional experience, coupled with my commitment to quality excellence, I believe I could quickly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Michael R. Osborne