Dog Trainer Cover Letter
Dog trainers use a variety of methods to instill obedience and good behavior in dogs. Some dog trainers specialize in working with animals that have behavioral issues, such as separation anxiety or aggression. Others may offer standard obedience training for puppies or train dogs for hunting, competing or performing. Common tasks that Dog Trainers perform include training dogs to respond to various commands, giving treats and praise to enforce positive behavior, correcting bad habits, offering mental stimulation and overseeing exercise sessions.
Based on our collection of resume samples, Dog Trainer candidates should include the following skills in their cover letter:
- Love for animals and knowing how to interact with them
- Attention to safety
- Physical fitness
- Customer service orientation
- Self-promotion skills
- A friendly personality
Scroll down to check out an example Dog Trainer cover letter to inspire your own.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Dog Trainer Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Ambrose:
When I learned of Sit & Stay’s need for a new Dog Trainer to join its team, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume. If you are looking for a reliable, personable, and highly responsible individual who can quickly build trusting relationships with pet owners while providing a superior level of animal training, I believe that I would be an excellent choice to fill this role.My background includes providing personalized and group pet training, both in-home and at a center. I have excelled in caring for up to 15 dogs at a time in a classroom environment, and have succeeded in training even the most difficult cases. Furthermore, I have earned owners’ trust and loyalty, and have built my own large list of returning clients. Along with my focus on animal care and behavior correction, I have also demonstrated expertise in various administrative tasks in running my own business.
Below are some of the highlights of my experience:
- Have conducted both private group training classes, using a variety of training tools as well as wide range of techniques.
- Supervised dog yard and managed any behavioral issues that occurred.
- Conducted office, in home and phone consultations regarding training and class offerings.
- Contacted clients to collect past due payments, schedule appointments and confirm class and training reservations.
- Worked with many dogs privately on deeply rooted behavioral issues including reactivity, guarding, and aggression.
I am excited about this opportunity to utilize my skills and experience to make a positive impact on your customers and their dogs in this position at Sit & Stay. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Maryann M. Robles