Dispatcher Cover Letter
Dispatchers arrange transportation so items are delivered to customers in a timely manner. Examples of Dispatcher job duties include: taking phone calls, providing the appropriate response to mobile units, coordinating truckers, sending them to pick and drop off items, arranging shipments, observing and solving discrepancies, informing customers, replacing damaged goods, and keeping company information confidential. Another type of Dispatcher is found in the emergency services field, dispatching ambulances, police, or firefighters.
Those interested in a Dispatcher career should be able to highlight the following skills in their cover letters:
- A clear speaking voice
- Being able to work under pressure
- Problem-solving orientation
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Multitasking and time management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
- Self-motivation and a good energy level
- Emotional stability
- Reporting skills
Below is provided a sample cover letter displaying similar Dispatcher qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Dispatcher Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Buckner:
When I learned of your need for a Dispatcher, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As a skilled professional with more than three years of experience responding to calls and communicating crucial information to mobile units, I would significantly benefit your organization in this role.
From addressing caller concerns and relaying messages to coordinating driver itineraries and maintaining detailed records, my background has been characterized by my commitment to optimizing efficiency and making sound decisions. My proven ability to remain calm under pressure, along with my superior communication and multitasking abilities, prepares me to excel in this position.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Responding to an average of 53 calls per day, addressing customer questions, resolving problems, and providing comprehensive dispatch information to drivers.
- Strategically negotiating the best freight rates with vendors to cost-effectively book loads.
- Handling calls effectively in a fast-paced and challenging dispatching center environment.
- Earning a reputation as a top service provider with extremely high levels of accuracy and efficiency.
n managing dispatch calls, coupled with my superior interpersonal and time management skills, I will certainly surpass your expectations. I look forward to discussing the position in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Betty K. McBride