Digital Content Manager Cover Letter
Digital content managers oversee the proper viewing, functioning, and visibility of online content for audiences. Typical work activities include managing and updating websites, directing social media channels, collaborating with content writers and editors, and developing overall content strategies to maximize traffic. Superior technical aptitude, a deep understanding of web analytics and metrics, and excellent leadership skills are all highly beneficial to success in this position.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Website management and updating
- Digital strategy development
- Web reporting and analytics
- SEO visibility and metadata
- Web traffic and metrics
- Keyword targeting
- Content migration
- Project life cycle management
- Team leadership
- Technical troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Content management best practices
Below please find a sample cover letter for a digital content manager with similar qualifications and experience.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Flanagan:
When I learned of your need for a digital content manager, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. With 14 years of successful experience ensuring the optimal functioning and viewing of online content and programming – as well as my expertise in managing highly efficient and productive teams – I could significantly contribute to your organization’s success.
From managing sites and updating pages to utilizing web content management systems and developing targeted content strategies, my background has consistently been characterized by my unparalleled dedication to building productive and engaging websites. My proven ability to analyze usage data and patterns and create strategic programming to expand user accounts, along with my communication and organization abilities, position me to excel in this role.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Leading teams of up to nine staff in developing targeted, audience-driven content and programming and creating successful online communities from the ground up for highly successful consumer websites and social media outlets, including LiveBlog.org, WiseUp.com, and Mission.com
- Designing and updating user forums, e-commerce stores, and advertorials to drive site traffic and enhance user participation and membership; monitoring user-generated content and rapidly removing any spam or inappropriate posts
- Creating and launching a social media initiative for WiseUp.com, leading to a 65% increase in Facebook fans and an 81% increase in Twitter followers over three years
- Integrating multimedia tools into content – including recorded videos, live streams, and photo galleries – to appeal to users and drive traffic
- Working closely and collaboratively with editorial, communications, and marketing departments to acquire engaging content for social media, banner, and email campaigns
- Documenting and reporting all site bugs, problems, and user feedback to IT teams, facilitating the swift resolution of technical issues and improving site usability
- Cultivating and sustaining solid relationships with advertisers and partners to encourage content integration and optimize user experiences
With my record of accomplishments in digital content management, coupled with my team leadership skills and my tireless dedication to achieving success, I will certainly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Angeline C. Lopez