Devops Engineer Cover Letter
A DevOps engineer is either a developer with an interest in deployment and network operations, or a systems administrator with a passion for scripting and coding who works in development, where they improve the planning of testing and deployment. They collaborate with software developers, system operators, and other IT staff members to manage code releases.
A strong DevOps engineer cover letter will showcase many of the following skills:
- Experience configuring Linux Slackware web servers
- Android application development
- Communication skills
- Creative and analytical thinking
- Team collaboration
For an idea of how to write an impressive DevOps engineer cover letter, check out the example below.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mrs. Schiavone:
I am excited to submit my application for the DevOps engineer position at Quantum Leaps. I believe my skills and background will help me quickly exceed your expectations for this role.
My career path as a DevOps engineer over the past three years features accomplishments summarized below:
- Improved product quality and work efficiency by introducing the newest technologies and management principles to Median Technologies
- Started a program on knowledge management for development, helping developers improve their product knowledge and programming skills
- Reduced deployment time for key Median Technologies infrastructure by a factor of 15
- Created system services to run on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 servers to control execution of key portions of the Median project
- Managed Amazon Web Services for the Median project, including configuration and deployment of all required infrastructure, administrative tasks, and budgeting
My skills and experience in collaborating with software developers to deploy new applications and systems will be of great benefit to Quantum Leaps. I look forward to discussing the role and my qualifications with you in more detail.