Dental Receptionist Cover Letter
Dental Receptionists’ chief responsibility is to greet patients upon their entrance into the dental office and to make them feel more at ease about their appointments when necessary. Dental Receptionists make appointments for patients and maintain files, as well as bill patients and insurance companies and coordinate the dentist’s schedule.
The cover letter is a crucial first step when applying to a job. You want to explain in a concise manner how the skills you have acquired from your previous work experiences make you a good fit for the job to which you are applying.
Typical job descriptions for Dental Receptionist positions list tasks like:
- Order and monitor dental supplies and equipment inventory
- Communicate with insurance companies, dental labs, and delivery companies regarding patients
- Take and expose dental diagnostic x-rays
- Manage clients’ questions and concerns in regard to appointments and procedures
An example cover letter for a Dental Receptionist position is provided below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive Dental Receptionist resume samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Paul Harrison:
As a detailed-oriented, focused and innovative administrative professional, I offer 15+ years of broad experience supporting dentists and medical staff. Combining key strengths in office technology, communications, planning and the ability to perform in fast-paced, time-sensitive environment, I am now seeking the opportunity to utilize my expert skills as a Dental Receptionist with your organization.
I am a proactive problem solver with strong business acumen. In the past, I have held roles with a wide range of duties such as administration of calendar and events management, file maintenance, and patient scheduling and billing. A sample of key contributions includes:
- Streamlined patient scheduling and billing process, increasing cost savings and efficiency.
- Created and published dental practice brochures and employee manual.
- Greeted patients and handled patient concerns with empathy.
- Planned and executed office-wide events such as retreats and staff meetings.
More than an administrative assistant, I believe in serving as a partner whose mission is to make the medical staff’s daily routines more organized and efficient. I welcome the opportunity to discuss my offerings with you in a more personal setting. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to our conversation.