Debt Collector Cover Letter
Debt Collectors identify people who owe money to companies and determine them to pay. These professionals contact clients by mail or over the phone. Essential job duties of a Debt Collector include managing assigned accounts, identifying debts, planning actions to be taken in order to recover debts, researching debtors and their payment status, handling customer questions, solving any discrepancy that may arise, developing a positive relationship with debtors to prevent future issues, and reporting to the upper management.
A Debt Collector cover letter sample should focus on the following skills and abilities relevant for this position:
- Debt collecting experience
- Deadline orientation
- Knowledge of legal requirements
- Tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Politeness and a compassionate manner
- Self-confidence and persuasion
- Computer literacy
The cover letter example provided below showcases similar Debt Collector skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Debt Collector Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Nash:
Upon review of your posting for a Debt Collector, I was eager to submit my resume for your consideration. With strong experience and knowledge in accounts receivable and collections, along with my abilities in records management, communication, and customer service, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit JDW Financial in this role.
My extensive background in analyzing accounts, arranging repayment terms and plans, and mitigating corporate losses has prepared me to excel in this position. With a strong foundation in customer account review and past-due collection, my problem-solving and project management abilities position me to thrive as your next Debt Collector.
Highlights of my background include:
- Placing between 175-225 calls per day as a Debt Collector for numerous financial firms, assisting borrowers in clearing their breach accounts through proper loan assessment, renegotiation, and settlement of outstanding balances.
- Uncovering and diagnosing customers’ financial difficulties and sending hardship packages to offer aid and supportive solutions.
- Interacting with a variety of professionals and groups to gather information and facilitate debt collection organization and execution.
- Utilizing analytical, interpersonal, and organization skills to achieve high levels of customer repayments.
With in-depth experience in debt collection methodologies, coupled with keen financial acumen and a dedication to minimizing loss, I believe I could quickly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Anna B. West