Database Administrator Cover Letter
Database Administrators plan, develop and maintain their organizations’ databases. Essential duties of a Database Administrator include drawing up conceptual database designs, maintaining data standards, modifying databases to meet user and storage requirements, monitoring and ensuring data security, organizing data and continually optimizing user accessibility.
Our extensive collection of cover letters for Database Administrators generally mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, operational research, information technology or a related field
- Certification in any specific areas of expertise
- Familiarity with fundamental data manipulation languages
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of database design
- Comprehensive and up-to-date technical knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ongoing interest in new and cutting edge technologies
The cover letter below showcases similar skills and qualifications:
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Database Administrator Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Ryder,
I am submitting my resume for the position of Database Administrator. With a bachelor’s degree in computer science, several voluntary certifications and more than 3 years of experience designing and maintaining complex databases, I am confident that I would make a beneficial addition to the Lotus Tech team.
Over the course of my career thus far, I have designed databases to fit a variety of needs, successfully ensured the security of those databases, problem-solved in order to meet both back-end and front-end needs, installed and tested new versions database management systems, customized and installed applications and meticulously monitored performance for the smoothest front-end experience possible. During my 3 years working with databases, I have learned that open communication and tireless problem solving is just as important as extensive technical knowledge.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Earn a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Virginia Tech
- Received certification as an IBM Certified Database Administrator, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert and Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate
- Progressed through consecutive positions as a Junior Database Analyst and Junior Database Administrator
- Participated in and oversaw the creation, implementation and maintenance of several databases
- Increased team efficiency by introduced agile methodologies to the workflow, which were later adopted company-wide
I appreciate the opportunity to bring my passion for IT and ability to problem-solve to Lotus Tech.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to discussing this position with you further.