Data Entry Specialist Cover Letter
Data Entry Specialists transfer information from paper to computers. Materials these employees use as input include bills, checks, files, magazines, and so on. Essential responsibilities of a Data Entry Specialist are checking information accuracy, making corrections, typing data, saving work copies, sorting information, determining entry priorities, using scanners, maintaining information confidentiality, running tests after system changes, and eliminating duplicate data.
A successful cover letter sample for Data Entry Specialist should focus on the following job assets:
- Excellent computer and typing skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Time management
- Being able to work to tight deadlines
- The ability to follow instructions
- Effective communication
- Confidentiality and work ethics
- Quality focus
- Analytical skills
Relevant experience and qualifications are visible in the example cover letter provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Data Entry Specialist Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Johnson:
Upon review of your posting for a new Data Entry Specialist, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. As a skilled and detail-oriented professional with nine years of excellent experience entering and processing high volumes of information into electronic databases, I feel confident in my ability to meet your needs and excel in this role.
Throughout my career as a Data Entry Specialist with CIMS Health Data Processing, I have demonstrated an aptitude for ensuring full accuracy and maintaining a stringent attention to detail. My skill set includes successfully inputting information from various sources into computer systems for archival and analysis purposes. Furthermore, I possess expertise in identifying and resolving inconsistencies, utilizing various equipment such as scanners and keyboards, and working productively and efficiently with minimal supervision. With my proven history in data entry excellence—along with my superb interpersonal and analytical talents—I am ready to extend my record of success with your company.
Highlights of my experience include the following…
- Entering data by alphabetic and numeric information in accordance with required formats.
- Comparing and verifying information through close review, correction, deletion, or reentry to detect duplication or errors and optimize data integrity and accuracy.
- Performing quality control checks on both my own and my peers’ data sets; consistently meeting all quotas for entry and quality checks.
- Maintaining a reputation for meeting all deadlines and working quickly and error-free.
- Demonstrating superior prioritization, time management, and organizational skills.
With my proven record of performing efficient and accurate data entry—combined with my dedication to quality excellence—I am positioned to significantly benefit your team as your next Data Entry Specialist. I look forward to discussing this position, and my qualifications, in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Katie D. Lopez