Customer Service Assistant Cover Letter
Customer Service Assistants are employed by businesses from all industries to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. A well-written resume for Customer Service Assistant should mention the following job duties: taking phone calls, identifying customer issues, making improvement recommendations, referring customers to other departments if necessary, greeting visitors, taking payments, selling products, and passing serious customer issues to managers.
Those interested in a Customer Service Assistant position should highlight the following abilities in their cover letters:
- Customer service orientation
- Being able to communicate with all sorts of people
- Good math skills
- Being able to stay calm under pressure
- Problem-solving abilities
- A polite and friendly manner
- Computer competences
- Attention to details
Below is displayed a cover letter example mentioning similar qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Customer Service Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Atkins:
When I learned of your posting for a Customer Service Assistant, I felt compelled to send along the enclosed resume for your consideration. As a motivated and customer-centric service and support specialist with more than seven years of experience facilitating outstanding customer experiences, I am certain to make an immediate and positive impact on customer service levels with your company.
For nearly eight years, I have excelled in my current position as a Customer Service Representative for Macklemore Media Company, successfully enhancing customer experiences and loyalty through sharp problem solving, interpersonal, and organization skills. Throughout my experience, I have managed customer communications and initiatives to consistently achieve improved customer service, satisfaction, and retention.
Please consider the following highlights of my achievements:
- Playing a key role in drastically elevating customer retention levels for Macklemore Media, growing rates from 65% to 89% in just two years.
- Leveraging active listening skills to accurately determine customer needs and/or pain points and identify and implement the appropriate services and solutions to resolve issues and meet customer expectations and desires.
- Record of success in complementary skills including product sales, internal process improvement, records management, general reception, and team collaboration.
- Establishing solid and trusting customer and peer relationships through exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
My proven dedication to optimizing customer service success will contribute immensely to the success of your team in this role, and I am confident that my additional skills will readily translate to your environment. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Kevin D. Vanderpool