Elementary Teacher Cover Letter
Elementary Teachers instruct students aged 4 to 11 on a variety of subjects, such as reading, communication, mathematics, science, art, and social studies. Specific job duties of an Elementary Teacher include preparing lesson plans, organizing demonstrations, developing instructional resources, assigning homework, grading papers, completing administrative duties, assisting individual students, and maintaining props. Instructors working in this area also encourage students to collaborate with other children.
Based on our collection of sample cover letters for Elementary Teachers, the most appreciated skills for this role include:
- Supervisory skills and classroom control
- The ability to motivate students
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Stamina and self-motivation
- English proficiency
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Computer competences
- Organizational skills and planning
Comparable Elementary Teachers qualifications can be seen in the cover letter sample provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Elementary Teacher Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Sands:
As a skilled and enthusiastic teacher with experience developing lesson plans and curriculum for diverse elementary students, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review with regards to your opening for a Second Grade Teacher at Red Leaf Elementary School. My background and passion for education positions me to significantly impact your school in this role.
My experience includes teaching first-, second-, and third-grade students across a range of subjects and capacities, leveraging strong communication, creativity, and motivational skills to accelerate student learning. My inherent passion for fostering collaborative and exciting educational environments has successfully encouraged and developed thoughtful and engaged young students while simultaneously equipping them with the necessary learning tools and techniques to advance into the increasingly learning-intensive school years.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Holding current Vermont State Teacher Certification, as well as an MS in Childhood Education with honors.
- Creating individualized plans and programs to facilitate a targeted, personalized approach to education while stimulating students’ enjoyment and appreciation for learning.
- Building and sustaining strong student relationships, encouraging student queries, comments, and concerns and laying the foundation for a dynamic and exciting classroom environment.
- Excelling in training and instructing individuals in a variety of topics throughout previous professional roles.
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at Red Leaf Elementary and exceed your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Michael C. Bradford