Research Specialist Cover Letter
Research specialists conduct various types of research and experiments to collect data, interpret results, and inform future research directions. Common work responsibilities include preparing and planning research projects, compiling and analyzing results, writing summaries, and collaborating with fellow researchers and supervisors to maximize efficiency and productivity. Expertise in laboratory best practices, guidelines, and regulations is essential, as are outstanding verbal and written communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Research life cycle management
- Technical laboratory procedures
- Data collection, analysis, and review
- Research budgets and cost containment
- Data entry and database management
- Regulatory and safety compliance
- Sample management and storage
- Presentations, surveys, and summaries
- Report generation and documentation
- Team building and collaboration
Please find below a sample cover letter for a research specialist including similar qualifications, skills, and experience.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Dr. Martin:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the research specialist position you have available. As a detail-oriented laboratory assistantin my graduate studies, I gained solid experience in biological research projects, which provided me with a wide range of knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your team at the University of Kansas.
Through my experience, I have become well versed in conducting research and analyzing data in a detailed and scientific manner. Additionally, because of my liberal arts education, I have gained the ability to integrate superior organization and oral and written communication skills across all levels of research, allowing me to excel in both independent and team-oriented environments. Equipped with a recent master of science degree in biology, I am well prepared to leverage my skill set and vast knowledge base to make a substantial and positive impact in this role.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualifications for this position:
- Amassing experience in biology research and projects throughout my education, performing various specialized and complex research procedures in molecular, cellular, and microbiology
- Collecting and analyzing data, ensuring regulatory compliance, adhering to rigid research schedules, documenting all research stages and results, maintaining large volumes of data, and containing laboratory costs while working effectively and collaboratively with fellow researchers, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows
- Facilitating data compilation, data entry, and sample cataloging and storage; skillfully preparing abstracts and summaries for presentation and publication
- Possessing the ability to create technical programs, develop algorithms, and conduct thorough academic research throughout all phases of the research process
- Displaying the capacity to communicate clearly and concisely, as well as the ability to easily understand and carry out directions from superiors and peers
- Achieving expertise in general laboratory practices and safety measures
My significant passion for biological research will translate into both dedication and diligence for the work performed in your laboratory at the University of Kansas. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Lori E. Castro