Retail Salesperson Cover Letter
A retail salesperson works in brick-and-mortar retail establishments, interacting face-to-face with customers to assess their needs, recommend appropriate products, build ongoing relationships, and accelerate sales. An aptitude for visual merchandising techniques, a collaborative and engaging personality, and a commitment to meeting – or exceeding – corporate goals and standards are all helpful attributes for success in this position.
Typical work activities commonly performed in this role, and often seen in strong cover letters, include:
- Customer service and loyalty
- Product recommendations and knowledge
- Visual merchandising
- Register and transaction operations
- Payments, returns, and exchanges
- Pricing and stocking
- Inventory and cash management
- Theft and loss prevention
- Relationship building
- Issue resolution
Below is an example of a cover letter for a retail salesperson with relevant abilities, experience, and qualifications noted.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Doster:
When I learned of Molina’s need for a new retail salesperson to join its team, I eagerly decided to submit my resume for your consideration. As a motivated retail sales professional with experience in merchandising efforts, store operations, and customer service, I feel confident that I would be a valuable asset to your team.
My background includes organizing inventories and stock levels, assisting customers with selection and sales, and handling register operations in popular retail establishments (Old Navy, The Children’s Place, Bartleby’s, and Anthropologie). With strong inner motivation, a friendly and approachable demeanor, and intuitive sales insight, I excel at evaluating customer needs, leveraging effective sales strategies, and ensuring outstanding customer service and satisfaction.
Highlights of my qualifications include…
- Working for Bartleby’s flagship store in San Francisco for six years as a retail salesperson, designing visual merchandising displays, counting and reconciling daily sales, and building strong relationships with customers; surpassing commission goals by 24% each week
- Earning acknowledgement as a top producer and customer service salesperson with Old Navy and Anthropologie; recognized as employee of the month on five distinct occasions
- Strong knowledge of effective sales strategies, merchandising efforts, and successful team collaboration to achieve dynamic sales and revenue enhancement
- Proven dedication to providing outstanding customer service, resulting in solid customer loyalty and referral business
With my demonstrated experience in achieving sales success in busy retail environments, I am well prepared to extend my record of service to your team at Molina. I would appreciate the chance to discuss this position with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Anna M. Wilson