Photography Assistant Cover Letter
Photography Assistants provide support to photographers with various aspects of their work. Their responsibilities range from scouting locations to providing instructions to models. Examples of Photography Assistant duties include maintaining equipment, securing locations, carrying props, setting up lighting, holding reflectors, changing lenses, filing photographs, preparing invoices, taking phone calls, and welcoming clients. A good Photography Assistant is the one able to anticipate the photographer’s needs and provide excellent customer service.
A well-written cover letter sample for Photography Assistant should focus on the following job skills:
- Photography training and experience
- Knowledge of photography equipment
- Administrative skills
- Customer service orientation
- Problem-solving abilities
- A professional manner
- Being able to work under pressure
- Time management
- Computer competences
- Telephone etiquette
The example cover letter provided below highlights comparable job skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Photography Assistant Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. McCain:
As a skilled, ambitious, and detail-driven professional with rigorous training and education in photography, coupled with key experience supporting photographers in managing shooting sessions for a variety of clients, I am well positioned to make a significant impact as your next Photography Assistant.
My experience includes setting up backgrounds, lighting, and props for shoots comprising weddings, family reunions, birthdays, maternity, and other special occasions while working closely with the lead photographer to ensure a smooth and consistent workflow. With my strong knowledge of various photography equipment and editing software programs—along with my excellent communication and time management skills—I am confident that my talents will significantly benefit your business.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Assisting lead photographers in location scouts, accessory setup, lighting, client positioning, processing, and printing, always striving to anticipate photographers’ needs and ensure seamless photo shoots, resulting in high levels of client satisfaction.
- Honing my abilities in both traditional film and digital photography processes, equipment, and methods; photo evaluation and editing; and final product delivery.
- Performing comprehensive editing tasks including crop, retouch, level, tone, white balance, and photo manipulation.
- Preparing to achieve a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with an emphasis in Photography, and demonstrating proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Light Room, Aperture, and Capture 1.
With my keen ability to support and complete challenging photography projects, combined with my steadfast commitment to top-notch quality and production, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding photography services to you as your next Photography Assistant. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Grant M. Ricks