Photographer Cover Letter
Photographers create image content for a variety of clients. Common photography subjects include family, weddings, babies, food, nature, and architecture. Typical duties of a Photographer include discussing requirements with clients, performing research, using photography equipment, guiding photographic subjects, commissioning other art professionals, updating their knowledge of industry developments, and creating portfolios. They may also be required to manage various business aspects, such as invoicing, scheduling, accounting, and administration.
Essential qualifications highlighted on a Photographer example cover letter are:
- Creativity and artistic flair
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to make subjects feel at ease
- Networking abilities
- Knowledge of digital photography techniques
- The ability to work independently or in a team
- Being able to shoot with film for alternative projects
- Image manipulation software skills
An example cover letter for Photographer communicating comparable skills is available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Photographer Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Mahood:
As a highly skilled and detail-driven Photographer with key experience managing photo shoots for high-profile magazines and media companies, I am positioned to make a significant impact on your organization.
My background includes designing and setting up backgrounds, lighting, and props while monitoring supplies and leveraging specialty software equipment to drive photo shoot success. With my ability to collaborate effectively with clients, peers, and senior managers—along with my excellent problem-solving, communication, and time management skills—I am confident that my talents will significantly benefit Zottone in this position.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Demonstrating expertise in both traditional film and digital photography processes, equipment, and methods; photo evaluation and editing; and final product delivery.
- Recent photography experience for leading titles including Real Simple, Good Housekeeping, Oprah Magazine, Cooking Light, and Self.
- Possessing a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with an emphasis in Photography, as well as proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Light Room, Aperture, and Capture 1.
With my keen ability to support and complete challenging photography projects, combined with my steadfast commitment to top-notch quality and production, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding photography services to your company. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Cherry D. Lyles