Communications Specialist Cover Letter
Communications Specialists use media outlets to create and maintain a positive image of the organization they are representing. Typical Communications Specialist duties include writing press releases, organizing events, developing and implementing public relations campaigns, liaising with journalists, making recommendations to management, and handling crisis situations. They often are in charge for speaking on behalf of their organization.
Our collection of Communications Specialist example cover letters reveals the following vital qualifications for this job:
- Public relations expertise
- Excellent writing skills
- Presentation and public speaking abilities
- Tact and diplomacy
- Detail orientation and accuracy
- Computer proficiency and online research skills
- Creativity and problem-solving orientation
- Stamina and being available to work long hours
A cover letter sample emphasizing comparable Communications Specialist skills is presented beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Communications Specialist Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Fulcher:
Upon review of your posting for a Communications Specialist, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume for your review. As an accomplished and enthusiastic communications professional with experience managing social media, marketing, and PR functions to promote corporate programs and services, I have much to offer New Bookworm in this position.
From developing collateral and building brand identities to overseeing social media content and managing community / media relations, I excel at generating effective and positive organizational exposure and enabling the success of dynamic marketing, PR, and internal communications campaigns. With persuasive communication skills to influence public and employee perceptions, along with my proven history of developing trusting and lasting relationships, I am prepared to substantially impact the success of your organization.
Highlights of my experience include the following…
- Writing and distributing newsletters, prepping executive spokespersons, producing website and blog content, spearheading social media content management, and attaining high-profile media coverage to communicate key messaging and initiatives.
- Deep knowledge of traditional and new media channels to accelerate promotional and brand messaging efforts; utilizing websites and blogs to expand communication vehicles.
- Consistently elevating corporate image through marketing events, promotional campaigns, and news and story content.
- Leveraging talents in presentation, event coordination / leadership, and community relationship building to accelerate communications efforts and organizational growth.
- Demonstrating outstanding verbal and written communication skills while thriving in deadline-driven, fast-paced environments.
With my skill in coordinating comprehensive communications programs—along with my ability to develop, write, and launch on-message materials to meet organizational goals—I am confident I will significantly benefit your team. I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Robert R. Faban