- Featured in:
Include These Planner Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business or a related field
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Proficiency in recent versions of Microsoft Office software suites
- Familiarity with planning software
- Ability to solve mathematical problems on a regular basis
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a team
- Experience working with third-party vendors
- Data analysis skills
The following cover letter demonstrates similar skills and qualifications:
Dear Mr. Bank,
I am submitting my resume for the position of Planner. With a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, three years of experience as an Assistant Planner, voluntary supply chain certification and exceptional analytical skills, I believe that I would be a valuable addition to the Longhorn Manufacturing team.
My professional experience includes analyzing inventories, making accurate inventory projections, monitoring supply and demand, communicating with third-party vendors to coordinate shipments and implementing a variety of inventory management tools. Over the course of my career so far, I have learned that open channels of communication and a team-oriented mindset are just as important for the success of the supply chain as excellent analytical and managerial skills.
Here are some highlights of my experience and qualifications:
Earned a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management from the University of Texas
Received voluntary certification from the APICS
Worked as an Assistant Planner for Omega Industries
Analyzed an inventory of more than 100,000 units of merchandise
Minimized waste and maximized both profit and productivity
Introduced cutting-edge inventory management tools which were later adopted company-wide
Assisted with customer service duties to ensure the satisfaction of all customers
I hope to have the opportunity to bring my team spirit, analytical mindset, and planning experience to Longhorn Manufacturing.
I appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to discussing this position with you further.
All the best,