School Librarian Cover Letter
School Librarians are employed by public or private schools to recommend students effective research methods. Common School Librarian activities include organizing materials, helping individuals and groups find resources, doing office work, delivering information literacy instruction, assisting people with disabilities, recommending community resources, and helping teachers find materials needed for classroom use.
A sample cover letter for School Librarian usually emphasizes the following qualifications:
- Information literacy expertise
- Adaptability to change
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with online media
- Project management skills
- Library services experience
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and planning
Below is presented a School Librarian sample cover letter displaying similar skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive School Librarian Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Boyd:
Upon review of your posting for a Librarian at Prescott High School, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume for your review. As a skilled and educated professional with more than 14 years of experience in library services, I feel confident of my ability to exceed your expectations for this role.
My background in supporting a broad range of school library responsibilities prepares me to substantially impact your organization. With my successful history of assisting library users in research efforts, information acquisition, and materials location—along with my superior ability to communicate with teachers, administrators, and students of all ages—I am ready to extend my record of excellence with your company.
Highlights of my experience include the following…
- Earning an MSLS degree in 2009 from Pascall University with a specialized focus on school library support.
- Providing comprehensive support in various library service areas such as reference desk support, circulation, collection development, interlibrary loans, bibliographic support, and library instruction.
- Utilizing advanced information technology resources including internal / external databases, digital libraries, remote-access information sources, and the Internet to facilitate library user research, data acquisition, and materials location.
- Organized, analytical, and personable with an outstanding reputation for excellent team collaboration.
With my solid knowledge of school library services and support, combined with my passion for the wealth of information and learning potential that libraries have to offer, I am positioned to significantly benefit your librarian team at Prescott. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Emma K. Hammond