Public Defender Cover Letter
Public Defenders represent an accused person during investigative procedures. They may often be required to provide representation to clients who are uneducated and uncooperative. Examples of Public Defender responsibilities are maintaining knowledge of law, attending police line-ups, supervising physical examinations, interviewing witnesses, being present during arrests, taking part to pretrial conferences and sentencing hearings, and maintaining regular contact with clients.
A well-written cover letter for Public Defender should mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of law
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Mathematical skills
- Reasoning abilities and logical thinking
- A confident manner and persuasion
- Being able to interact with people from all backgrounds
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Being able to work under pressure
- Computer competences
Beneath is provided a Public Defender cover letter sample showcasing relevant abilities for this job.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Public Defender Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.