Private Investigator Cover Letter
Private Investigators perform research for various types of investigations and also help finding missing persons. Their clients can be businesses, private citizens, or attorneys. Essential job responsibilities of a Private Investigator include researching legal records, doing background checks, collecting the information needed to solve a case, conducting interviews, presenting evidence in court, conducting surveillance, reporting findings to clients, and investigating computer crimes.
A well-written cover letter sample for Private Investigator usually highlights abilities and qualifications such as:
- Criminal justice training
- Excellent observational skills
- Analytical thinking
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Computer proficiency
- Time management
- Organization and planning
- Being able to stay calm under pressure
- Attention to details
Beneath is provided a cover letter example showcasing relevant Private Investigator skills that an eligible candidate should have.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Private Investigator Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Hunter:
As an analytical and meticulous professional with experience in gathering evidence, conducting investigations, and obtaining statements, my background may be of interest to you in your search for a Private Investigator. With comprehensive expertise in a variety of techniques and tools to run covert domestic, corporate, and criminal investigations, I believe I would quickly exceed your expectations for this role.
My background includes successful experience assembling and examining evidence for lawyers, insurance companies, and private citizens. From obtaining covert surveillance and securing sworn statements to testifying in court and preparing concise reports, my experience has continually resulted in highly satisfied clients. Furthermore, my innate ability to quickly ascertain clients’ needs and work quickly and efficiently to reach thoroughly investigated outcomes is certain to render me an asset to your team.
My qualifications include the following:
- Maintaining a 97.6% successful case-close rate while specializing in investigations pertaining to insurance fraud, matrimonial concerns, missing persons, and workers’ compensation claims.
- Interviewing and recording sworn statements from claimants, witnesses, and relatives, enabling each case to hold merit in court and allow for more efficient processing of evidence.
- Leveraging expertise in diverse technological tools—including hidden video surveillance cameras, tracking devices, and debugging equipment—to facilitate undercover investigations and provide authorities with conclusive evidence to file charges.
- Excellent detail-orientation with every task; proven ability to excel in working independently.
- Employing organizational and analytical capabilities to streamline processes and quickly make educated and accurate assessments.
- Demonstrating first-rate interpersonal and leadership abilities throughout my career.
With strong experience and demonstrated success in private investigations and case coordination, combined with my superior time management talents, I am ready to fully commit to the success of your team. I look forward to discussing this opportunity with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
James N. Hollen