Head Housekeeper Cover Letter
Head housekeepers oversee housekeeping staff to ensure outstanding job performances and first-rate cleanliness and sanitation, typically for lodging establishments. Common work activities include hiring and scheduling employees, ordering and maintaining cleaning supplies, delegating tasks, and evaluating job performances. A commitment to guest service excellence and top-notch guest satisfaction is mandatory. Additionally, strong leadership, resourcefulness, and problem-solving talents are helpful in this position.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Staff hiring, training, and supervising
- Work shift coordination and flow
- Shift scheduling
- Task assignment
- Quality control and assurance
- Inventory control and stocking
- Performance evaluation and improvement
- Issue and complaint resolution
- Team building and leadership
- Procedural and safety guidelines and compliance
- Customer and guest service excellence
Please find a sample cover letter for a head housekeeper below detailing similar skills and experience.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Zuniga:
When I learned of your opening for a head housekeeper, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your review. As a service-oriented and efficient professional with previous experience supervising housekeeping staff for reputable hotels, I am confident that I can make a solid contribution in this role.
My background includes nine years of experience in housekeeping management with The Breakwater Inn & Suites and The McKinley House Hotel, respectively, where I supervised up to 27 employees in ensuring top-notch cleanliness and full restocking of guest rooms. Additionally, I possess excellent communication skills, which enable me to quickly make positive relationships with guests and promote repeat business.
Highlights of my abilities and experience include…
- Scheduling and managing employees to facilitate timely and comprehensive cleaning of hotel rooms, including vacuuming, disinfecting, dusting, and deep cleaning
- Obtaining and updating lists of vacant rooms as well as prospective check-outs, consistently staying on – or ahead of – schedule
- Closely monitoring job performances, identifying areas for improvement and resolving issues and concerns quickly and thoroughly
- Investigating complaints regarding housekeeping services and taking corrective action accordingly
- Hiring, training, and supervising all housekeeping staff members
- Inspecting all premises – including halls, lobbies, rooms, and dining areas – to determine need for furniture or equipment repairs and replacements
- Collaborating effectively with both management and coworkers
I’m confident that these and additional strengths will readily translate to your environment, and the chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated. Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Allyson D. Herrera