Systems Administrator Cover Letter
A Systems Administrator is responsible for handling diverse systems and digital networks for a client and has to ensure the optimal functioning of said systems. Additional responsibilities include offering assistance to the users when they encounter a problem in using the computer systems and applications and updating and maintaining systems. This is a technical profession that requires a Systems Administrator to possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of different operating systems and applications as well as hardware equipment.
In perusing numerous cover letters for the Systems Administrator position, we have identified the most common skills and abilities asked for:
- Superior problem solving abilities
- Proficient at a number of programming languages
- Project management abilities
- Diagnose problems correctly and quickly
A well-written cover letter for a Systems Administrator position should cover certain high points. See the example cover letter below for inspiration.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Systems Administrator Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Ms. Coleman
Please accept my application for the open Systems Administrator position at Pro Tech Communications. I hold multiple certifications – MCSE, MCSA, RHCE – and have in-depth work experience in overseeing server infrastructures and data-center operations across a range of platforms including Linux and Windows. In my professional capacity I have had to draw on my problem solving skills, ability to lead and manage teams in maintaining systems and applications and design and implement an effective back up and recover policy. My combined qualifications, experience and capabilities offer substantial proof that I can make a positive contribution at Pro Tech Communications.
The following is a summary of my key contributions in the role of Systems Administrator:
- Spearheaded a client’s systems installation and setup. I lead a team that oversaw the creation of automated server generation routines and implemented scalable systems to enhance system’s performance.
- Earned 100% issue-resolution scores for three consecutive years providing excellent client support.
- Had the opportunity to train staff in various in-house departments in network security and use and management of software.
- Directed a consulting team on an extensive Linux server upgrade for an international company.
I am a highly qualified and well-skilled candidate to successfully undertake all responsibilities the Systems Administrator position at Pro Tech Communications requires. I am able to create and deliver innovative solutions to enhance organizational development. I am detail-oriented and methodical, critical abilities a successful Systems Administrator should have. I would like the opportunity to be an asset to your company and the clients you serve. I look forward to an opportunity to meet with you to discuss my application further.